Ministries > Local
Rather than send Americans abroad in the traditional
manner, Russian Missions sends financial, managerial
and educational assistance to indigenous Russian missionaries
as well as selected local Christian leaders.
- We seek out and evaluate native missionary operations
- Assure they love the Lord and believe in His Word
- That He is using them in effective ways
- That they are honest and accountable in handling
Then, we make their work known to churches and individual
Christians in American to encourage assistance (such
as: financial support, prayer support, volunteer services,
If traditional mission boards tried to do the volume
of work maintained by Russian Missions, they would need
over $60,000 per year or $5,000 per month for each missionary.
With our financial backing, indigenous missionaries
can do the same work typically between $150 and $200
per month, though many don't get that much. Why?
- "These missionaries are native citizens and
their work can never be disrupted by the expiration
or cancellation of visas. If wars or political instability
develop, they stay on.
- Many already know the language of the target people
group. Others are adept at learning a sister language.
- They already know the mores of the culture, having
been brought up in it.
- The native missionary eats and drinks the local
food, a practice that often wipes out the typical
- The native missionaries essentially live at the
same economic level as the people among who they minister